Friday, April 13, 2012

A few blustery day poems

Also during my poetry class, it was Winter term and it was always rainy and windy. I love the personification of weather and I found two different poems that I wrote; I'll just put a gap between them. Both are still untitled and merely works in progress as I never went through any revision process with them.

Brace yourself, the wind is harsh.
Tugging at your hat scarf and hair.
Pawing at your with hands of icicles.
While traveling from here to there.

It plays games with you,
First thrashing, then at peace,
A moments silence,
then all at once, released.

The people bundle up
the trees shiver.
Time slowly elapses
until you are delivered.

--------------------------------------

Bitter chilling wind,
bites and scratches at the skin

Causing hair to stand on end.
Then the hail descends.

It starts out soft, a quiet hum,
The pitter-patter becomes a drum

Plinking against the metal cars,
slicing at you, making scars.

Your body goes cold, feeling is numb
Your brisk walk becomes a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment