Friday, April 13, 2012

A Stand

This one was a free-write during my poetry class last year during winter term I think. That or I was just writing and it turned into something that looks like a poem.
I don't quite know how I ought to format these since a ton of them are untitled, I guess I will just try and preface the poem with when it was written and for what purpose. Sounds good to me.
Here ya go.

There is not a lot of tension and stress built up in me now,
but there is so much that thends to linger on me anyhow.
From years of regret and anguish,
The guilt that I can never seem to extinguish.
I long for the weight to disappear,
and as I open my eyes unto this new year,
I will break free from these hurts that hold me down,
I will not let them make me frown.
Instead He walks in and says everything will be alright.
I feel a new beginning is in sight.
He breaks down the hurt and pain,
and promises I'll never feel that way again.
He smiles at me and takes me by the hand,
I face the past and now take a stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment