Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lucid


I awake
Cold with sweat
Sheets thrashed about
Cheeks wet.

I’ve come from a place,
Where you look right through me,
Invisible,
You cannot see.

I was right there
Two inches from your face
So close.
So near.

Even still
You cannot see.

I pick things up, wave them
Right before your eyes
You don’t avert your gaze
Your reaction, no surprise.

I’ve tried
Time and again.
Your affection,
 I will never win.

Even in my dreams
Eyes closed, asleep-
You are blind
And helpless as a sheep.

Conforming to the rest-
Travelling with the herd.
I try to raise my voice
You can’t hear a single word.

I jump and wave
Limbs fly frantically
Even still
You cannot see.

Even when I awake,
These thoughts do not fade.
I have to get up-
Face another day.

I get ready
In hopes that maybe
Today you will see
Me.

2 comments:

  1. that was really sad but very beautiful...im glad that i found your blog
    smile
    brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, sorry to make you sad. I appreciate the compliment! I don't really post a lot of poems as of late, I'm hoping that with the spring weather I'll get some positive inspiration; it's been a year since I've really sat down and written.
      I'm glad you like it! And I always smile!

      Delete